Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Top O' the Morning

My mornings at Cambridge are, in all honesty, absolutely perfect. 
After morning class, I have a very specific routine: I take my laptop, cross the street, buy a little bar of dark chocolate at Chocolat-Chocolat, and then go to Costa Coffee down the street and order a medium Americano. 
With British chatter murmuring in the background, I perch at a little table with the laptop. Take a sip the black coffee, nibble on the chocolate, breathe, and begin to happily type away at the keys. 
What do I write? Anything, really. Some days I blog, others I do class assignments. For one hour, I can process, record memories, and untangle my strands of thought. No distractions, no running around. Just a bit of peace and a keyboard. 
I listen to music, watch people go by, observe those sitting around me. I've mentioned before that I'm a total workaholic when I'm home, but here? 
Here, I can be still. I can enjoy every morning, sitting and tasting a bit of life. It's pretty lovely, if I say so myself. 
Cheerio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment